This is a follow up to the popular video of the assessment I learned from Chris Johnson. Click here for a refresher before you dive into the reset.
I had been working on a few different ways to reset this, but I learned of a great variation recently from a participant at The Eclectic Approach Ottawa.
I am calling this "The Esley", after the physio who came up with it!
Self Lateral Tibial Glide Reset for Ankle Mobility and Knee Stability
- stand in lunge stance with involved leg forward
- place front foot up on an elevated surface
- stabilize your forefoot in slight pronation, hold firm
- lunge into your foot to shift WB onto the forefoot
- actively abduct your hip to create lateral tibial glide
Interested in live cases where I apply this approach and integrate it with pain science, manual therapy, repeated motions, IASTM, with emphasis on patient education? Check out Modern Manual Therapy!
Keeping it Eclectic...