I decided to make a quick and easy video ala Chris Johnson on the variations of the Shoulder Reset I teach to patients.
- use this as HEP after you restore the motion with any manual treatment
- test pain, function, ROM prior to instructing the reset
- often, if indicated as a directional preference, passive shoulder extension with shoulder IR will be limited on the involved side versus the uninvolved side
- the movement itself may be uncomfortable, but should only be a strong stretch with occasional paraesthesia
- like any technique or exercise it should never be painful
- choose the variation which works best for the patient and enables them to get to end range with the most comfort
- re-test pain, function, movement, instruct on 10 times/hourly or as needed to maintain improvements
Keeping it Eclectic (and easy)....