Sitting is the new smoking if you haven't heard. Multiple studies have confirmed the effects of prolonged sitting on our overall health.
This is a bigger problem than lumbar or cervical pain, it's overall health. One of the solutions to our modern work day is a standing desk, which I decided to bite the bullet and purchase after all these years of blogging, social media, podcasting, etc.
Below is my review of the Varidesk ProPlus 36, which I obtained from amazon.
Varidesk ProPlus 36 Review
- reasonably priced compared to complete standing desk workstations
- converts your existing workstation to a standing desk
- comes fully assembled
- very easy to raise and lower
- two tiered design for keyboard, monitor, laptop, monitor, etc
- weighs about 50 lbs, may be difficult and awkward for you to place on your desk without some help
- only comes in black or white if that matters to you
Remember, don't let prolonged positions add up, stay ahead of your health by moving often and well! If you have been thinking about a standing desk but did not want to spend thousands of dollars or to replace your existing workstation, consider the Varidesk. Support our blog by using this link to purchase from amazon!
Interested in live cases where I apply this approach and integrate it with pain science, manual therapy, repeated motions, IASTM, with emphasis on patient education? Check out Modern Manual Therapy!
Keeping it Eclectic...