Chris Nentarz and I just finished our very first Mobility 2 Perform workshop over the weekend at CrossFit Nickel City!
Here is a Quick and Easy Hip Mobility Screen we showed
Hip Mobility Screen
- find neutral lumbar spine in quadruped
- rock back very slowly with hips in neutral
- audit for any perceptions of tightness or discomfort on either side
- next, rock back with hips in IR, again very slowly
- audit for any perceptions of tightness or discomfort
The slow movement is the key to awareness of any mobility limitation or discomfort from side to side.
Interested in live cases where I apply this approach and integrate it with pain science, manual therapy, repeated motions, IASTM, with emphasis on patient education? Check out Modern Manual Therapy!
Keeping it Eclectic...