Thanks to a patient who learned this exercise from an excellent personal trainer, I present the kneeling kettlebell plank!
It's works well in the 4x4 Corrective Exercise matrix as a pattern assisted exercise. Instructions
- get as heavy as a bell as comfortable
- get into tall kneeling and have the bell behind your back
- upright posture, but not hyperlordotic, press the bell down into the ground
- while your scapula are set and stable, you may do cervical disassociation exericses
- slow cervical rotations
- cervical retraction with or without rotation, sidebending, or extension
- practice diaphragmatic breathing
- thoracic rotations
This exercise even helped what I thought was a chronic frozen shoulder patient with about a 75% loss in all planes turn into a rapid responder, cleaning up elevation in flexion, scaption, and ER to almost FN in just 1 week! Shows what grooving a little scapula stability can do. In a video either this or next week, I'll show the other exercise that helped with the rapid response.
Keeping it Eclectic...