Last Friday, I posted my updated recommended course list. Here are 5 recommendations for online or DVD based learning.
1) Training = Rehab 2: Lateralizations and Regressions
- I haven't made it through the entire course yet (a ton of post production work for MedBridge, plus finishing up Capnotrainer and PRI courses....)
- I had a small preview assisting Charlie last October in Buffalo with a 1 day T=R
- however, after taking T=R 1, 2 years ago, I am sure the sequel is entirely worth, Charlie is always updating his approach with both research and science based ways to enhance movement and screen it
- he's also frank, easy to watch, and teaches immediately applicable material, highly recommended!
- can't get enough of Moseley's youtube videos? Want to learn more about Pain Science but have so far resisted my recommendations of Therapeutic Neuroscience Education Text? - These were made for you
- learn why explaining pain to patients can make a significant difference, and how to explain it without raising threat or fear
- he is seriously one of the most charismatic, easy to watch presenters I have ever watched, plus this gives you stories, anecdotes told in his unique manner that will assist your patient interactions
- MedBridge is seriously one of the best deals in online learning, CEUs for OTs, PTs, soon SLP, and ATCs?
- their courses are professionally shot, and yes you can tell the difference
- their are short, keep you on your toes quizzes between chapters
- if you stop a chapter in the middle, the site remembers where you left off, just like Netflix, so convenient
- There will be two Eclectic Approach Courses in 3-4 months, and hopefully shooting more this year!
- please consider using the link above, which is an affiliate link to sign up you and/or your facility, as a thank you for the time I put it to my own site
- if you're like me and have a lot on your plate and occasionally do not have the time to watch 4-6 hour courses, physicaltherapy.com may be more up your alley
- these courses also offer CEUs to all states, but it's at a different price point, and also not as polished
- however, you get to take courses and the quiz shortly afterward, earning CEUs, what my wife does during CEU crunch time
- I also have a neurodynamics course on physicaltherapy.com if you're already a member, but it's not a live lecture, just me reading over a powerpoint, and has video demonstrations of the assessments, but no live eval and treat like my MedBridge Courses, still useful for quicker info
- so pluses and minuses to both #3 and #4, but for the price of belonging to both $299, and $99/year, that is still less than the cost of one full course and you get CEUs at your convenience
- above also an affiliate link, thanks in advance if you use it
- my recent partner in crime for iastmtechnique.com and the ask us anything with Chris Johnson, is a well known researcher and clinician
- honestly you cannot go wrong with either his Inner Circle, or his new Functional Stability Training for the Upper Body with Eric Cressey
- I am often asked my "top exercises" for the scapula/shoulder, etc... but I will just defer to who I consider authorities on the subject above
Of course it goes without saying, that The OMPT Channel is also an amazing deal at $4.99 a month (you can try for one month, watch all my current videos and cancel at any time). I am continuously adding new content at least twice a month, often including live Eval and Treats from The Eclectic Approach Courses.
Keeping it Eclectic and plugging my friends/colleagues....