- prone on elbows to increase lumbar lordosis
- alternatively may sit or stand with slightly increased lumbar lordosis
- both positions are because the tape may slightly slip on the skin eventually
- may have to clean the skin/shave to prep!
- start around the postero-lateral border of the 12th rib and tape diagonally (medially and inferiorly) to the postero-lateral iliac crest on the contralateral side
- half-overlay another piece of tape on the first and pull slightly tighter
- repeat on the other side to make an "x"
- finish the "x" on each side with a superior to inferior pieces of tape, also half overlaid
- rub your hands over each tape application to slightly warm the glue
- slightly slouch/round forward to feel the tape feedback
- no "hulking-out" which will prematurely stretch the tape
- be sure to ask if they are allergic to adhesive (first)
- leave it on for 3-4 days max before re-taping, re-tape 1 more time at most before trying something else
Hope it helps! As if your non-compliant patients disliked you enough! Give them another reason, they'll thank you in the end!